Translation in process
We're updating the page. There might be some translation errors. Sorry about that ;-)
- Scarus fuscopurpureus
- Purpur Brauner Papageienfisch
- Purple-brown Parrotfish
- Family tree:
- Animalia (Kingdom) > Chordata (Phylum) > Actinopterygii (Class) > Perciformes (Order) > Scaridae (Family) > Scarus (Genus) > fuscopurpureus (Species)
- Initial determination:
- (Klunzinger, ), 1871
- Iran, Kuwait, Somalia, Eritrea, Jordan, Israel, Sudan, Vereinigte Arabische Emirate, Gulf of Oman / Oman, Quatar, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Yemen, Bahrain, Egypten, Madagascar, Rødehavet, Vestlige Indiske ocean, Øst Afrika
- Sea depth:
- 2 - 20 Meter
- bis zu 38cm
- 22°C - 28°C
- Aquatic plant, Sea weed, Alger, Noritang
- Not suitable for home aquaria!
- Not available as offspring
- Toxic hazard unknown
- Not evaluated
- Red List:
- Least concern (LC)
- Related species at
Catalog of Life:
- Meerwasser-Lexikon Team
- 2012-11-03 12:55:39
- 2019-11-21 21:57:03
Western Indian Ocean: Red Sea and Somalia.
Occurs in shallow water, often over sand or weed bottoms with coral heads. Found in pairs or small groups.
Synonym: Pseudoscarus forskalii fuscopurpureus (Klunzinger, 1871)
Husbandry know-how of owners
0 husbandary tips from our users available
What's that ?
The following is an overview of "what's that?" Entries that have been successfully determined and assigned to this entry. A look at the entertainments there is certainly interesting.